Have you tried this method to reduce your tank's nitrates and phosphates? If you have, what were your results? Tried the Vodka Method?
- One month Vodka dosing and my nitrates reduced from 100 to 10 ppm - amazing result.
- —Guest larangcon
what type of vodka do you use
- Can you use vodka bought from the shop i.e smirnoff , vladavir etc
- —Guest popkornplaya
- Tried it po4 andno3levels are low 6ppm nitrate 0,09 po4 high enough.but corals are ok even sps'wanted to share views about biopellets with or without vodka?rowaphos with or without vodka?i am ysing biopellets since 10 days still po4 high....this systsm will feed coral?by dead bcterias ? Apreciate response iyad aiu lebanon
- —Guest iyad aiun
Can you help
- Hi I have been reading about the way the vodka works I am from the uk so I was wondering will it work over here ?
- —Guest Derek Richards
Vodka method does work
- Iv been dosing my 29gal living reef bio~cube for like 10 months every 2-3 days(about 1-2 mill) nitrates never get over 10ppm,w/5 fish and alot of corals(soft) I think it works great! I use the cheap vodka $2 for one pint I think.Every one in tank are happy, I should mention I only feed tank every 4 days as well.
- —Guest just_jack
I used vodka it drop my phosphat nitr
- I used vodka it drop my phosphat & nitrat within one week like crazy My phosphat was 10ppm after one week with vodka drop down to 0.25 Nitrat was high 7ppm after one week with vodka drop down to 0.07 Vodka just like magic Work very will on any thing ;) even with reef tank :D
- —Guest mameroo2000
Brown Algae on glass
- Hi all, what dose would you recommend for my 350 Ltr tank? Protein skimmer fitted, corals and fish with live rock? Thank you
- —Guest Vodka Newbie
65 gallon tank
- my nitrates are way to high. How much vodka would you use for a 65 gal tank and what proof would you use?
- —Guest steve620
- Are we talking about the kind you drink. Or what kind and what ones the best
- —Guest Joel
- I put ethanol about maybe 75% my windows are all slimmy whitish with my fluval c4 filter super duper stuck. i am going to do massive water change since it was 30 ml of alcool lol i have 45gal not a 2500 one
- —Guest BiggyFrank
- I have a 135 gal reef tank with 20 gal refugium. I have a very bad growth of hair and red slime algae growing. Could I be adding to much CO2 with the skimmer to cause the growth of these algae's. Do you think the vodka method could help?
- —Guest birdman3782
Desparate for nitrate reducer
- Please help, my nitrate levels are far too high and corals are dying
- —Guest Allen Groves
works but beware
- I have used it successfully for about 6 months . I stopped suddenly causing the death of bacteria I was feeding to die resulting in a spike in nitrates and phosphates . The death of some my beutiful corals was the result this was in less 48hrs . the learning experience has cost me about $200 . A involved about 15hrs worked taking my tank apart flushing with 2000ltrs of water. good luck
- Just starting the vodka test my nitrates are at about 40 I have a 150 gal tank I'm very unsure but will post how I go
- —Guest Snnappy
Vodka dosing a 30 gallon tank with fish
- I've been vodka dosing for two weeks now with great results. I have clownfish ..engineer and watchman gobies.. and some pistol shrimp ad all are happy as well as some live rock. My nitrates and nitrites were always high. After the second day I noticed my homemade protein skimmer working really good. I started with 1 ml and three days later went to two. My levels are in the safe range as well as phosphates are almost completely gone. I'm up to 3 ml now and probally won't go any higher as my levels are finally lowering. Vodka dosing works ..you do need a skimmer for it to work and not suffocate your tank of oxygen.
- —Guest makoshark79