The Bottom Line
- Precise and fairly fast results.
- Includes some tests that are hard to find.
- Reasonably priced.
- More complex to use and understand.
- Not for the beginner.
- Lots of steps to follow.
- Manufactured by Sea Chem.
- MultiTest Kits: pH/Alk, Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate, Copper, Iron, Phosphate, Silicate, Iodine/Iodide.
- Marine Basic Kit includes ph/Alkalinity, Ammonia, Nitriate & Nitrate tests.
- Individual Reef Status Kits: Calcium, Strontium, Magnesium & Carbonate/Borate Alkalinity.
- Reef Special Kit includes Phosphate, Silicate, & Iodine/Iodide.
- These tests use either dry chemical reagents or liquid solutions, and some a combination of both.
Guide Review - MultiTest & Reef Status Series Test KitsNot For The Beginner
Both the MultiTest and Reef Status Series test kits by Sea Chem are a little more complex to use. They have a lot of little parts and pieces of equipment, and most have many multiple steps to follow to perform a test, but they are reported to be very precise and accurate. In our opinion these test kits would not be good for the beginnner, but are designed more for the advanced aquarist that can understand and use them properly. Just reading some of the instructions alone can be confusing.