We welcome you to send in your saltwater aquaria topic photos. All pictures recieved are reviewed, and each is considered for inclusion into the various photo galleries here at About Saltwater Aquariums for display, as well as may be selected as an entry in one of the photo contests. Before
you submit any photo or other personal content to us for use on this GuideSite, be sure to read the About.com User Agreement
, our photo contest rules
and photo submission guidelines
Time Required: Just a few minutes
- Start an Email composition in whatever program you use, and address it to -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name Photo Submission -- Type in, or copy this title and paste it into the Subject line of your Email, being sure to change and type in YOUR name. (Example: Charles Raabe's Photo Submission)
- Include this information in the body of your Email:
- First and last name.
- A short description of your photo, such as my 80g reef tank, and if it is a picture of a marine animal, give the common and scientific name, such as Yellow Tang - Zebrasoma flavescens. If there are multiple types of fish, inverts, and corals in the photo, please to your very best to include the common and scientific names for them all to assist us with proper ID of the species pictured.
- Having read the About.com User Agreement , copy and insert this phrase in your Email:
"I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. I understand that About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material."
- Attach the photo you want to submit (only JPG or GIF formatted images are accepted), and send your Email to us.
- If you prefer to have another name shown with your photo, provide that in your Email as well. (Example: Charles Raabe / Chuck)
- If you would like to provide any brief information about your aquarium set up, such as what type of filtration, lighting, and so on you have, feel free to include it.
- We do not encourage the listing of a personal Web site link with photos, because too often sites disappear from the Internet. However, if you have a personal saltwater aquaria site that you feel will remain active, you can include the URL in your Email.
- If the statement in Step 4 is NOT included in your Email, we are sorry to say that we cannot use any photo or other content that you submit to us for display.