1 Star = Easy
- Typically adapts well to aquarium life, quickly accepting various types of foods given.
- Good for a BEGINNER.
- Adapts readily to aquarium life, but often has specialized food, environmental or other requirements in captivity.
- Good for an INTERMEDIATE aquarist.
3 Stars = Difficult
- Can be sensitive to changes in water conditions.
- Usually does not fair well in captivity.
- Typically hard to feed because of specialized diet requirements, often being picky eaters that refuse foods.
- Should only be kept by a WELL EXPERIENCED aquarist.
4 Stars = Extremely Difficult
- Best NOT be kept in captivity, or should ONLY be kept by an ADVANCED level aquarist.