To help you populate your new tank with beautiful beginner fish which will make your new hobby an instant success, we have highlighted some easier fish that you can be proud of.
The Saltwater Aquarium Fish Compatibility Chart will give you an idea of which fish can and can not "normally" exist together in a closed space. In many cases it also indicates which will coexist with a certain amount of caution. Nothing is guaranteed. There will always be exceptions to any generalization, but the chart will give you a place to start when you are trying to figure out what will work in your aquarium.
- Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosus)
- Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loriculus)
- Lawnmower Blenny (Salarias fasciatus)
- Midas Blenny (Ecsenius midas)
- Auriga Butterflyfish (Chaetodon auriga)
- Raccoon Butterflyfish (Chaetodon lunula)
- Ocellaris (False Percula) Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
- True Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion percula)
- Blue/Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis)
- Yellowtail Damselfish (Chrysiptera parasema)
- Snowflake Eel (Echidna nebulosa)
- Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)