1) Carefully stand and place the second pane of glass into the center of the silicone applied to the tank bottom piece, then gently slide it over into the silicone that was applied to upright edge of the first pane of glass.
2) Push the two pieces of glass firmly together, align them, fold the tape over the glass to secure the pieces in place, and have your helper hold them to keep them in position.
3) Finish sealing the inside of tank joined sections by placing your index finger into the silicone that was expelled when the pieces of glass were pressed together, and slowly, and in one continuous motion press out the silicone from one end of the joint to the other. For the upright seam, work from the bottom to the top.
4) Tidy up the outside seams of any excessive amount of silicone by smoothing it out with your index finger. This does not have to be perfect, because in the final clean up stage any unwanted sealant will be removed.
5) Wipe any silicone off your hand with a paper towel.
Silicone Tip: If after putting the pieces of glass together there is not an adequate amount of silicone to work with to seal the seams, simply add a little more silicone where needed.
Next >> Install the Third Pane of Glass