Aside from 1 bottom, 1 front, 1 back, and 2 end pieces of glass, you will need the following items to construct your aquarium.
- Single edged razor blades.
- A non-toxic 100% silicone sealant. We have used NAPA brand (part #765-1336) with good results for years, but we recommend All-Glass® Brand 100% Silicone Sealant or a similar type product.
- A roll of paper towels.
- A washable felt tip marker.
- A roll of duct tape.
- Some emery cloth or silicone carbide sandpaper.
- For a larger aquarium above 30 gallons in size, we recommend installing at least one "support brace" at the center of the tank. This can be done by cutting a six inch wide piece of glass measured to fit to the "outside" edges of the front and back panels, then attach it into place with silicone. For extra strength you can pancake and glue two brace pieces together using silicone, or particularly for longer tanks, install two seperate brace pieces of glass equal distances from each end of the tank. Personally we prefer to use the multiple brace set-up, because this automatically builds in a place to sit one or two light strips/hoods on top of the tank. >> View Support Brace Placement Diagrams