- F. favus
- F. matthaii
- F. pallida
- F. stelligera
- Moon Coral, Green Moon Coral, Pineapple Coral, Brain Coral, Star Coral.
- Prefer bright lights, however will tolerate much lower levels.
- Will tolerate a gentle current.
- Some Favia will attach to substrate if not moved for several months.
- Favia can be fed and seem to appreciate a squirt or two of brine shrimp at night.
- Care should be taken with placement, as they can send out transparent sweeper tentacles at night.
- Considered by many to be an easier coral to keep.