The Bottom Line
Even through a little more complex and costly to use, these test kits are touted as being THE very best choice, especially with reef keepers.
- Extremely precise & accurate.
- Fairly easy to use.
- Wide range of both basic and reef tests available.
- A little more complex than other brands.
- More costly than other brands.
- Manufactured by Salifert.
- Standard Test Kits: pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Oxygen, & Copper.
- Reef Test Kits: Calcium, Iodine, Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity, Phosphate, Strontium, & Silicate.
- Other Test Kits: Boron, Magnesium, Organics, & Activated Carbon.
- Combinations or mixed kits of both basic saltwater and reef tests are available.
- Salifert uses either dry chemical reagents or liquid solutions, as well as combinations of both.
- Bold color changes and color comparator charts to easily compare & read test results.
Guide Review - Salifert Pro-Test Kits
Top of the Line Choice With Reef Keepers
Made in Holland, even though Salifert test kits may be little more complex and costly to use than other brands, they are touted by many aquarists, particularly reef keepers, as being THE best choice in test kits. They offer a wide range of both basic and reef water tests, including some you can't find elsewhere. They are said to be some of the most precise and accurate available on the market that allows for accurate dosing when additives are needed, and feature bold color changes or good color comparison charts. You may pay a little more for them, but they are said to be worth it!