The Bottom Line
These are simple, straightforward test kits that are inexpensive and considered fairly accurate.
- No mess, easy to use liquid solutions.
- Considered fairly accurate.
- Wide range of basic salt and reef tests available.
- Reading color comparisons may be hard for some.
- Manufactured by Rolf C. Hagen Corp.
- Most kits can be used for testing both fresh and salt water.
- Individual Standard Tests: High & Wide Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, & Nitrate.
- Individual Reef Tests: Carbonate & Total Hardness, Iron, Phosphate, & Calcium.
- Master Kit includes Ammonia, pH, Calcium, Phosphate, Iron, Nitrite, Nitrate, KH & GH tests.
- Master Kit comes in a solid, durable case that holds everything, and makes an excellent work area.
- All kits come with full instructions and color card comparison charts.
Guide Review - Hagen Test Kits
Simple To Use, But May Be Hard To Read This line of test kits by the Rolf C. Hagen Corp. have simple to use liquid solution reagents. There is a full line of both basic saltwater and reef testing kits available, most of which can also be used for freshwater. These are simple, straightforward water testing kits that any aquarists can use, are considered fairly accurate and reasonably priced. However, one of the tricky things about using them may be reading the color cards and comparison results properly.