The Bottom Line
These salt and reef aquarium water test kits are inexpensive, considered reliable and easy to use.
- Simple and affordable to use.
- Reliable test results.
- Easy to read and compare color chips.
- Reagents should not be used past expiration dates.
- May expire early if stored at high temperatures.
- Manufactured by Novalek.
- The line has 11 individual test kits (8 SW/4 FW), and 4 Master kits, with reagent refills available.
- SW kits are pH, Salicylate/Nessler Ammonia, Nitrite, High/Low Range Nitrate, Chelated/Ion Copper.
- Dry, highly stable powder reagents in sealed and dated foil pillows to insure freshness.
- Plastic, translucent color comparator chips slide into testers for easy comparison readings.
- Comprehensive and easy to understand instructions.
- Correct measurement ranges suitable for aquarium use.
Guide Review - Kordon AquaTru Test Kits by Novalek
Easy to Use, Read and Comprehend After many years of using AquaTru® Ammonia (Salicylate), Nitrite, Nitrate and pH test kits, we found them to be quite dependable, as well as comparable to Aquarium Systems' test kits in almost every way. They provide what we feel are accurate results, as long as the reagents are not used past their expiration dates and are stored in a cool place. If you own or run a fish store, or are an aquarists with multiple aquariums, you may find the large quantity refill packs of interest. They can save you money, as well as time fretting over running out too soon or having to reorder frequently.