The Bottom Line
Very popular test kits amongst aquarists that maintain fish-only or fish-only with live rock systems, and often chosen by reef keepers for testing basic water perameters.
- Affordable and easy to use.
- Provide fast, accurate test results.
- Uses conveniently bottled liquid test solutions.
- SW/FW kit labeling can be confusing.
- Manufactured by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals.
- All tests are effective for salt or freshwater.
- Individual Kits: High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite (labeled as FW kit), & Nitrate.
- Single kits include test solution, glass test tube & cap, multilingual instructions/color chart.
- Master kit has the above items, all four tests, and a waterproof holding tray and test tube rack.
- Replacement box of 24 glass test tubes with caps available.
- Bottled refills available for all test solutions.
Guide Review - Liquid Test Kits by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
Don't Let The Labels Fool You
Reflected in our Test Kits Poll as one of the top brand names used by aquarists that maintain fish-only or fish-only with live rock systems, but also liked by reef keepers. Reviewing the manufacturer's page we found the labeling on some of the tests confusing. Some are shown as freshwater kits, but are the same ones used for saltwater testing (i.e. the Freshwater Nitrite test kit). Despite the labeling confusion, our consensus is that the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals' Liquid tests with their liquid solutions are easy to use and provide fairly fast, accurate readings for the standard water tests an aquarist should perform when keeping a saltwater or reef aquarium.