The Bottom Line
A low priced, durable, easy to install and use in-tank air driven counter current skimmer that anyone can afford.
- All acrylic compact units.
- In-tank installation; no leaking.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Possible in tank obstruction.
- Requires constant water level.
- Lift tube air hole clogs with salt.
- Manufactured by Lee's Aquarium & Pet Products.
- Easily adjusted.
- Comes pre-assembled.
- Low maintenance.
- Requires the purchase of an air pump for operation.
- Requires the purchase of additional limewood air stone replacements.
- Available in three sizes for up to 30, 60 and 90 gallon tanks.
Guide Review - Lee's Counter Current Protein Skimmer
This in-tank, air pump and limewood stone driven counter current protein skimmer is not very expensive or fancy, and far from being one that is state-of-the-art. However, for all intents and purposes it does a good job at an inexpensive price, and we are happy with the one we purchased.