The Bottom Line
Being powerful, efficient and extremely versatile units that are suitable for mechanical and chemical fresh, brackish and saltwater aquarium filtration, as well as having biological filtration capabilities, these canister filters by Marineland are quite the workhorse.
- Powerful, durable, and silent running.
- Versatile filtering capabilities.
- Misalignment of lid may cause air intake problems.
- Micron cartridge may need frequent changing.
- Manufactured by Marineland / Aquatic, Inc.
- Two self starting filters to choose from, with certified flow rates of 220 and 350 GPH.
- Single Magnum 220 & 350 includes micron cartridge and core, hoses and retainer bands.
- Magnum 350 Pro System includes the above, plus a BIO-Wheel Pro 60 and Power Kleen Gravel Washer.
- Deluxe includes Magnum items, quick-disconnect valves, carbon/media container, filter sleeve.
- Reusable micron pleat cartridge can be used alone or with prefilter sleeve.
- Carbon/media container can be used alone or in conjunction with micron cartridge.
- The motor is bottom-mounted, with an easy lift off design for canister separation.
- Canister is made of clear plastic, which makes for easy inside observation at a glance.
- All parts and accessories can be purchased separately.
Guide Review - Marineland Magnum 220 & 350 Canister Filters
These power canister filters by Marineland are quite the workhorse! Very strong and efficient canisters suitable for mechanical and chemical fresh, brackish, and saltwater aquarium filtraton, it takes a lot to wear one out. Their simple design makes it easy to access and clean them, they require little maintenance, and the many accessory tools available makes them multi-purpose units. The versatile systems design of these canisters also allows you to connect the output to a BIO-Wheel PRO for wet/dry biological filtration if desired, and can be use with other accessories like the easily attachable Power Kleen Gravel Washer. Having purchased three Magnum 350's over a 10 year period, aside from an occasional lid alignment problem when sealing the canister, we have been extremely happy with them and feel we have gotten our money's worth out of each one.