- Description - A complete identification, characteristics, and coral care profile book that has 464 pages packed with more than 700 world-class photographs and text reviewed by leading coral biologists and coral keepers.
- Price - Moderate range.
- Publisher - T.F.H. Publications; Co-Published by Microcosm Books
- ISBN # 1890087475 (Hardcover; 2001)
- ISBN # 1890087483 (Paperback; 2001)
This authoritative and comprehensive guide by aquarist Eric Borneman is packed full of everything you want to know about corals, both how they live in nature and how to take care of them in a marine aquarium. Along with hard corals it includes a diversity of soft corals, as well as popular and rare large-polyp and small-polyp stony corals. With the principal photographers being Scott W. Michael, Janine Cairns-Michael, Alf Jacob Nilsen, and Paul Humann, the full color illustrations found throughout the book are without a doubt quite spectacular.
Chapters in "Aquarium Corals" extensively covers the following topics:
- Anatomy Lessons
- Foods & Feeding
- Secret Lives
- The Corals (Classes, Subclasses, and Orders)
- Water Chemistry
- Care & Handling
- Coral Health
We highly recommend "Aquarium Corals - Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History" for all coral reefkeepers.