- Recommended For - Beginner, intermediate, and advanced level aquarists.
- Description - An identification, characteristics, selecting, breeding, propagating, and Clownfish aquarium care guide book that has 208 pages with full color photographs throughout.
- Price - Moderate range.
- Publisher - T.F.H. Publications; Co-published by Microcosm Books
- ISBN #1890087041 (Softcover/Paperback; 1997)
A professional engineer that has raised numerous species of Clownfishes, Joyce is the director of The Breeder's Registry, a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to collecting and disseminating information on the reproduction of marine aquarium species.
Being one of the pioneers in the field of breeding Clownfishes in captivity, Joyce has taken her expertise and created what is considered by many to be the first popular handbook on the husbandry of what are perhaps the most endearing of all reef fishes.
Chapters in this book include:
- Clownfishes in the Wild
- Fish & Anemone Species Identification Guides
- Selecting Breeding Stock
- Orchestrating the Spawn
- Propagation as a Cottage Industry
- Anemone Ecology and Preservation
Whether you are a saltwater aquarist that is serious about wanting to breed and rear these wonderful little sea creatures or just enjoy keeping a few in your aquarium, Clownfishes - A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding & Natural History is an excellent book to have to learn all about caring for them, as well as their host sea anemones.