The Bottom Line
This easy to use automatic feeder dispenses food to your tank critters up to 4 times per day. With the addition of the optional food hopper, you can forget about feeding for up to 4 months.
- Dispenses food or medications 1-4 times/day.
- Optional hopper.
- Easy to use.
- No food moisture protection.
- No option for varying the food being fed w/hopper.
- This automatic feeder is not battery driven, instead it runs off of regular house current.
- Dispenses flakes, pellets, or dry medications 1-4 times per day.
- Optional food hopper extends required refilling for up to 4 months.
Guide Review - Nutramatic Automatic Feeder
The Rainbow Lifegard Auto Feeder is an easy to use automatic feeder which can dispense either flake or pellet foods one to 4 times per day. This unit runs off of standard house current, so you never have to worry about replacing batteries. If it is used in a high humidity climate, the lack of moisture protection could be a problem if the optional food hopper is used. If you do not vary the type of food you feed to your tank critters, the use of the hopper would be a good way to make sure that your feeding ritual is taken care of automatically for long periods of time.