1. Home

Berlin Protein Skimmer

Many SW aquarists consider protein skimmers essential equipment for a SW aquarium. Before you buy a skimmer, knowing what makes the different types work can help you decide which one is best for your tank and your wallet. It can also help you to fine tune your skimmer to get the most gunk out of your tank.

More: Protein Skimming Ain't Rocket Science In spite of what some aquarium product manufacturers would like you to believe, protein skimming ain't rocket science. Protein skimming is simply using air bubbles to... Read More

Berlin Protein Skimmer

Compare Prices: Of the Top Hang In/On Tank Protein Skimmers. See the latest in protein skimmers for micro/nano/mini aquariums. The low prices will amaze you.

Compare Prices: Of the Top In/On Sump Protein Skimmers.

Comments

November 22, 2006 at 8:29 am
(1) Jim says:

I have a Euro-Reef skimmer which started working the first time I plugged it in. Very easy to maintane and does a great job

November 28, 2007 at 4:16 pm
(2) D. L. Sanders says:

Some of your news letters topics and the forum threads which lead from that topic, are very old. There are always recent forums about up-to-date skimmer, etc., problems and solutions. This has been noted to me from a new hobbist and a concern for him. Just a comment.

September 27, 2008 at 9:18 am
(3) Brian Faux says:

Have a Remora pro /Rio 1400 hanging on my 75 reff/fish and it works great from day one!!! Would refere all to try one

September 28, 2008 at 7:45 am
(4) Chris says:

A protein skimmer is almost a must in a SW setup. Once you have had one and you see how much gunk it pulls out of your aquarium, you realize how important this add-on is.

January 28, 2009 at 1:58 pm
(5) Mark Delgrosso says:

I also have a Euro-Reef skimmer. It works great! I replaced it with another brand that was so finicky and lots of maintenance. I set this one and it does a great job. I need to clean the cup every other day but all the good skimmers require this type of maintenance.

January 29, 2009 at 9:50 pm
(6) Ryan says:

I own a euro reef 135. The day I bought it about a year ago was the best day for my aquarium. The stuff it pulls out is unbelievable and the tank has never looked better. I can turn it off for a few days and the wife notices right away. The tank actually gets a sparkle to the water and the lights actually twinkle in the tank. Would recommend a euro reef to anyone.

April 12, 2009 at 3:21 pm
(7) Tom Olson says:

I have a AquaC Remora with the Aquajet 1200. This a great HOB skimmer. I have one on my 30 Gallon Reef and it keeps my water pristine. It pulls out some of the foulest nastiest gunk imaginable. It is a plug and play skimmer.

April 21, 2010 at 6:28 am
(8) Ica says:

I have tried many skimmer manufacturers,and only two of them are fine the best,ATB and BK.All others are toys..

February 27, 2013 at 8:27 am
(9) ed says:

I have seven skimmers and the best one is an older Deltec MCE-300 its the best one its on my 120 gal reef tank and never a problem and crystal clear water.